Students (must be enrolled in a full-time accredited program)
Junior (12-17 years)
Child (6-11 years)
Police or Fire Department
First month dues are payable at the time of registration by credit card, debit card or cash. After the first month, dues are collected automatically on a monthly basis.
Students have a choice of the following electronic payment methods: credit card, debit card or ACH.
The New York Aikikai has no long-term contracts; but, 30 days notice is required for cancellation or to temporary suspension of payments. Students are responsible for the terms and conditions of the New York Aikikai electronic funds agreement.
*A $5 service fee will be added to the monthly dues if paid by credit card.
Mat fees apply only to visiting aikidoists not to NY Aikikai members.
• Mat fees are permitted only to visiting students who are active members in other aikido dojos besides the New York Aikikai. We ask that visitors bring their respective kyu or dan books with them. If a student is not ranked it is considered proper etiquette to bring a letter of introduction from the head instructor of the dojo the student belongs to.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON CANCELATION OR SUSPENSION OF MEMBERSHIP
• Our electronic payment system operates on a monthly basis. We require a minimum of 30 days notice in order to process a leave of absence, suspension of monthly membership or cancellation of membership,
in order to freeze or discontinue payments.
• There are no refunds for dues once a member has trained one or more days during any month.
• Exceptions for suspension of dues because of injuries or illnesses will be made on an individual basis.
In such cases, the member must contact the New York Aikikai immediately. If the New York Aikikai is not notified immediately, refunds or partial refunds will incur a service charge of $25.
• Refunds in cases where the New York Aikikai is not notified of a student’s desire to cancel membership, whether due to negligence or accidental circumstances, a service fee of $25 per month will apply to refunds if a refund is granted.